How can we help set up and develop your business in Ghana
In order to start your business, the following mandatory protocol is performed by the chamber:
1. Acquirement of a Tax Identification Number (TIN)
2. Checking of availability of Company Name.
3. Submission of company documents to obtain an Incorporation Certificate.
4. Assistance in the opening of business accounts with a Ghanaian Registered Bank.
Foreign investors have to comply with the GIPC Act 478: minimum amount of stated capital as follows:
Joint Venture - US$10,000.00 / 100% Foreign-Owned - US$50,000.00
5. Assistance with the registration at the Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC)
6. Registration with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Secretariat of Value Added Tax (VAT) for tax purposes
7. Obtaining the certificate to commence business with the authentification of the Commissioner of Oaths and presented by the Registrar-General's Department
This is an approximate guide and will differ depending on your organisation's requirements and circumstances.